Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mojo Monday 184

I have finally managed to get a Mojo Monday sketch done again. I diligently draw a thumbnail of the sketch each Monday, with the intent of creating a card. Lately, I just haven't been able to get it together....but this week....VIOLA!

I saw the card Gina Brandstetter made for last week's Play Date Cafe challenge and I knew I needed to ink up this set called, "Paper Lantern".

I started with Pear and Cotton Candy ink stamped on Colonial White. The background was too pristine for me, so I stamped the script image from "Universal Backgrounds" in Desert Sand over top. Then I restamped the lantern in Pear and popped it over top of the original.

I used our wonderful NEW Kraft Borders across the bottom. I inked up the border with Cotton Candy ink and got this rich; deep; almost Vineyard Berry colour. I punched with my 2" scallop punch from Kraft cardstock and stamped with a retired favourite, "My One & Only" in Black.

Our new buttons and some Pear ribbon finished off this card. The patterned paper is from Sophia. Below you'll find the Mojo Monday sketch.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Patterned paper: Sophia
Stamps: Paper Lantern; Universal Backgrounds; My One & Only
Cardstock: Pear; Kraft; Colonial White
Ink: Black; Pear; Cotton Candy; Desert Sand
Embellishments: Pear ribbon; Pink and Green assortment buttons; White Hemp; Cotton Candy brads; Pear brads; Kraft Borders
Tools: 2" Scallop punch



2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT Nancy! I like how you did the background. So nice to hear that I inspired someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, great card!! Love the colors. I so need to get that set :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!