Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Christmas Tree craziness

Well, here is another creation inspired from Mandy Leahy. A fellow Close To My Heart Consultant, Mandy's tree was gorgeous, but a crazy crazy 17" high! There was no way I was going to take that on, so this tree was created on an 8" styrofoam cone.

I used 6 different green cardstock colours: Sweet Leaf; Topiary; Garden Green; Olive; Pear; and retired Citrus Leaf. I cut the spikey flower with CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge at 2 3/4"; 3"; 3 1/4" and 3 1/2 ". I rolled them and secured them with Liquid Glass on the bottom.

I usually let mine set overnight, just to be sure the Liquid glass had dried. I started with 2 sheets each of all 6 colours. You can cut 9 flowers on each 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. I ended up cutting an additional 2 sheets for each colour, in order to finish this tree. Yes, that IS a lot of flowers for one tree!

The close up shows how the flowers are fanned out and I've attached them to the cone with pins, I picked up at a fabric store. I added Cranberry grosgrain ribbon as a garland, then went on to the all important tree topper.

The topper, also lifted from Mandy's tree, is 3 stars cut from our AP cartridge at about 2 1/2", from Cranberry cardstock. I coloured each with our Bonding Memories Glue pen. When the glue had turned clear and was tacky, I rubbed on our Prisma Glitter. I scored each in the middle, then stuck them together with a kebob skewer in the middle. Then I stuck the skewer in to the top of the tree and fluffed the flowers up around it.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Cardstock: Cranberry; Sweet Leaf; retired Citrus Leaf; Garden Green; Olive; Topiary; Pear.
Embellishments: Cranberry grosgrain ribbon; Prisma Glitter
Tools: Art Philosophy cartridge; Liquid Glass
Other: White headed pins; skewer


1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!