Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Play Date and Mojo Monday merge.....

Okay, I've finally got it together again to do some challenges. The first I tackled was this week's challenge for The Play Date Cafe. Since this week was a colour challenge, I combined it with the weekly sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday.

I used Sorbet; Sunflower; Olive and Garden Green from Close To My Heart to represent the required colours for The Play Date Cafe. I used my new Spellbinders Grand Peony dies to cut the flower layers. I used a bone folder to curl their edges and inked them with Sorbet ink.

I stamped an image from "State of Mind" with Sorbet ink on Sorbet cardstock, then mounted it on Colonial White. The green layers are Garden Green and Olive and they are sitting on patterned paper from "Elemental". The leaves are cut from New England Ivy cardstock.

The patterned paper is mounted on Colonial White, then more Sorbet. The edges were sponged in coordinating ink colours. I added White Hemp and Colonial White buttons to finish everything off.

Here is The Play Date Cafe and Mojo Monday information.


All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: State of Mind
Paper: Elemental
Cardstock: Colonial White; Sorbet; Sunflower; Garden Green; Olive; New England Ivy
Ink: Sorbet; Garden Green; Olive
Embellishments: White Hemp; Colonial White buttons
Other: Spellbinders Grand Peony Nestabilities







3 comments:

  1. Wow... Fab job! Very beautiful work! I'm going to become a follower!
    Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! About time you got back into the challenges too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!