Friday, September 2, 2011

Roses are red...and sometimes blue, green and creme!

I am having a rose crazy time with CTMH's new, exclusive Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. In addition to some great basic shapes that coordinate with our stamp sets, there are 2 fonts; card shapes; decorative boxes; borders; and flower spirals!

I became rose crazy when a fellow CTMH Consultant, Lisa Stenz, created a beautiful wreath with these roses. Since seeing her wreath, I've been rose rolling CRAZY! No, really, I've probably rolled about 300 roses!

I have some small styrofoam balls I was going to use for another project, but they seemed to be telling me to cover them in roses. So I obliged and here is my rose ball ornament.

I cut all of the flowers at 3 1/2 in Sweet Leaf, Twilight, and Colonial White cardstock. I stuck them together with Liquid Glass and used a white headed pin to get them on the ball. I added some Sweet Leaf stitched ribbon as the hanger. This ball was 2" and with the roses it is now about 4" across.

I've since used spray adhesive......the really toxic, messy, smelly stuff.....and added glitter to this ball.

If you want to make one of these for yourself....all you need to do is contact me to order the NEW Close To My Heart, Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. When you purchase it before the end of September, you will also receive a wonderful double D stamp set called Pair-A-Phrase. You can get more information from my website.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Tools: CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Cardstock: Sweet Leaf; Twilight; Colonial White
Embellishments: Sweet Leaf stitched ribbon
Other: Cricut Expressions; pins; 2" styrofoam ball


1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!