Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The witch's dress.....

Okay, so when I first spied this technique on a fellow CTMH consultant's blog, I went crazy and made several of these dresses. Mandy Leahy is very creative and is always coming up with creative ways to use our Art Philosophy cartridge.

I started with cutting a 3" scalloped circled with my Art Philosophy cartridge from retired Orange cardstock. Before scoring it, I stamped the edges with this flourish spider web border from the stamp set included with Mischief's Workshop on the Go. You can see it by clicking on the link to my website.

I started with a Barn Red cardstock mat, added a layer with Colonial White and then the striped patterned paper from Mischief. The "Witch Hazel" square is cut from another patterned paper in the paper kit. I stamped the border, on the Colonial White scalloped edge border, from August's stamp of the month, Wicked. The stamped the cat in black, then embossed her in clear embossing powder.

The black and white patterned papers are also from the Mischief paper pack. Finally I added Black Opaques to the dress flower and two corners of the card, to finish things off.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: Mischief Workshop On The Go; Wicked
Patterned Paper: Mischief
Cardstock: Barn Red; Colonial White; Grey Flannel
Ink: Black
Embellishments: Black Opaques; Black printed grosgrain ribbon
Other: Art Philosophy; Clear Embossing powder


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!