Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spiders...'n Crows....'n webs oh my!

Hallowe'en is less than a month away........I've made a few more cards for the occasion! This card started with Close To My Heart's new stamp set, All Hallows Eve.

I first cut the main shape with my Art Philosophy cartridge. I used the web image and stamped enough times in black ink, to cover the entire shape. Then I stamped the crow image in black and embossed in clear over top.

I have been very selectively cutting this piece of patterned paper from my Mischief package. It has several great scenes on it and I figured I should use it for several cards. I picked out the creepyish flourish border to creatively look like a spider's silk, that he comes repelling from outta nowhere. You know what I mean.....one minute there is nothing there and the next thing you know you've got a spider's silk and likely the spider too.....on you............eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I stamped in black, then embossed in clear the little spindly legged creeper. Seems, most every image I stamped, I followed the same technique. The sentiment is from the Mischief Workshop On The Go kit and the border from Aug stamp of the month, Wicked.

Finally, I added Barn Red cardstock and Mischief patterned as a mat for the crow. I also added Black Opaques.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: All Hallows Eve; Mischief WOTG; Wicked
Paper: Mischief
Ink: Black; Versamark
Cardstock: Colonial White; Barn Red; Black; Sunset
Embellishments: Black Opaques; Colonial White brad; Clear embossing powder
Tools: Art Philosophy cartridge
Other: Fiskars Admit One punch


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!