Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Something a little more Spring/Valentine's like!

In Victoria, BC, it is hard to know if you should start on Spring shower cards or Winter snow cards in mid January. Today, we have had some sprinkling of snow.....so not so sure this timing is any good! What the heck......here is a Spring card.

I used a new set from CTMH's Fall/Winter Idea Book, called Unscripted. I stamped the border on Sorbet cardstock with coordinating ink. I stamped the cross hatch image on Tulip cardstock, with Tulip ink. The focus flowers are stamped in Blush on Colonial White cardstock, along with the sentiment stamped in Tulip.

I cut the heart with our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, in Tulip. I crumpled and then sanded the heart so it would stand out against the other Tulip behind it. I used our scallop maker to create the border from Blush cardstock. The scalloped circle is also cut with Art Philosophy.

I added Colonial White grosgrain ribbon, with Sorbet Waxy Flax on top. For what appears to be a cork heart, I stuck together the letters "A" and "B" from our alphabet. I then added one of our wooden buttons.

All of the cardstock had their edges sponged with Desert Sand ink. I also added some Stardust Glitz to the centres of each of the flowers.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamps: Unscripted
Cardstock: Sorbet; Tulip; Blush; Colonial White; Kraft
Ink: Sorbet; Blush; Tulip; Desert Sand
Embellishments: Colonial White grosgrain; Sorbet Waxy Flax; Cork Alphabet; Wooden Button; Stardust Glitz
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge; Corner/Scallop maker


1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!