Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Humble Artist's Swap for Apr 10, 2012

Here is the card I created for the one swap I participate in, the Humble Artist's Swap. The guidelines were as follows:

Use at least 2 NEW patterned papers from different packs, from Spring 2012 IB.
Use 3 embellishments.
Tie it up…..something must be tied up with either baker’s twine; hemp or waxy flax.
Use an AP shape.
Use at least 8 layers, not including card base.
Use at least 3 different colours of cardstock…not including neutrals. (check IB for what is included in “Neutrals”)
Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 ½

I used images from Country Life. I stamped the cow in Grey Wool, then sponged Vineyard Berry ink on the cow and restamped over the first image. The sentiment is stamped in Black. What you can't see clearly, is I have drawn over the postage stamp at the top left of the image and the emblem with swirls at the bottom right with Liquid Glass.


The patterned paper is from Cruisin' and Florentine. I cut the border from Vineyard Berry cardstock with Art Philosophy. I distressed some edges and sponged ink on all of the edges. I tied up the Colonial White button with Black hemp and Baker's Twine.


All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamps: Country Life
Paper: Cruisin' and Florentine
Cardstock: Twilight; Crystal Blue; Juniper; Vineyard Berry; Black; Colonial White
Ink: Vineyard Berry; Grey Wool; Black
Embellishments: Black Hemp; Black Baker's Twine; Colonial White button
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!