Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chihuly in Seatle

I have loved Chihuly glass for years and years. Whenever there was a PBS program about Chihuly, I would watch it. I was fascinated to see the glass blowing process and the new and different ways Chihuly would create glass and paintings of the glass.


I was fortunate enough to fly out of Seattle, on the way to Close To My Heart's convention this last week. While in Seattle, my travelling companion and CTMH sister Barb and I, visited the Chihuly exhibit at the Seattle Center.

This display was AMAZING; jaw dropping; and inspiring! If I had a bucket list, this would be on it and done and done!  There were many different displays within one display. I overheard a staff member saying this was the most comprehensive collection on display.

Well, I am not concerned how comprehensive it was or wasn't......it was STUNNING! Here is a picture I took from the inside of the atrium with the Seattle Space Needle. Stay tuned for more pictures of this amazing exhibit.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Looking at this from the thumbnail, I thought it was a photo of a bougainvillaea - but wait! It's glass!!! How gorgeous!
    I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother actually went to school with Dale Chihuly. His individual pieces are nice, but when you see something where he has done a whole collection like your photo above, it really is jaw-dropping!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!