Thursday, July 5, 2012

Humble Artist's Swap June 2012

It is time again to reveal the card I created for the Humble Artist's Swap I Hostess. Here were June's guidelines:
-Must have minimum 8 layers stacked
-Do not use patterned paper
-Do not use any neutral cardstock (except for base)
-Do not use non paper embellishments such as ribbon; brads; twine or hemp
-Do not use stamp sets with “Border” or “Background” in their name
-Use at least 6 different stamped images
-Create paper embellishment that can count for at least and is 2 layers
-Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 ½




I  used 5 stamp sets to accomplish this card. The image stamped as a background on the Creme Brulee base is from Love Life . Next layer is Hollyhock cardstock, stamped with the large flourish from, The Best Things. The Sorbet layer is stamped with a background image from, April's stamp of the month, You Are. I didn't use stamp sets with the word "background" in them, but I did use background stamps.....sneaky huh!


The flower is 5 layers starting with Tulip; Sorbet; Smoothie; Cotton Candy; finally Creme Brulee. The bottom 4 flowers alternate with stamping from Simple Memories and Love Life. The top flower is stamped with the Lucy Workshop On The Go Kit stamp set. I cut a small circle from Sorbet cardstock for the flower centre, then added Stardust Glitz.


The sentiment is from the Lucy WOTG Kit stamp set, as well as, the tiny flower I stamped and embossed in clear embossing powder. The embossed image is on the Creme Brulee background layer; the sentiment layer and the top flower layer. I sliced the Sorbet layer and threaded Blush cardstock through, to appear as ribbon.


No neutrals; no stamp sets with the word "background" or "border" in them; and no patterned paper! Mission accomplished!


All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamps: The Best Things; Lucy WOTG; You Are - Apr SOTM; Love Life; Simple Memories
Cardstock: Colonial White; Creme Brulee; Hollyhock; Sorbet; Blush; Tulip; Smoothie; Cotton Candy
Ink: Creme Brulee; Hollyhock; Sorbet; Blush; Tulip; Smoothie; Cotton Candy; Versamark
Embellishments: Stardust Glitz
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge





3 comments:

  1. Labour-intensive but gorgeous card, Nancy! I love that its all just...PAPER. Great job on meeting those guidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is amazing - very pretty!! I am very impressed that you got that many layers! Holy cow!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - I'm very excited for my DD - she loves this guy like crazy and wanted no-one else, so his proposal was the "bestest" birthday gift ever!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!