Monday, September 10, 2012

Big Card for H2H Challenge

This week our Design Team challenge at H2H Challenge blog, is to create a BIG card. A card larger than 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. My card is a 5 x7 created after some inspiration I'll share below.


Reading the blogs I follow a week or so ago, the amazing Tresa Black was at it again reprising a favourite technique. She made a gorgeous singed flower for a card.....so I had to copy!

I used our new and gorgeous Slate Polka Dot satin ribbon. I cut pieces that were 7 dot rows long....really, I counted the dot rows to measure! Then I cut one end almost like the top of a heart, but not quite as deep. I got a tea light out; lit it; then held each petal with tweezers in the flame, until the ribbon melted slightly.

I love this technique and have made many singed flowers for hair clips. I never would have put one on a card until I saw Tresa's. After I finished the petals I added a circle layer of our new Black Tulle on the back and in between both petal layers. I hand stitched all of those layers to a small grey circle of felt, on the back. I cut a small circle from the ribbon and singed it. I poked our Bling Brad through it and attached than to the entire thing.

I have not permanently attached the flower to my card, as I may add either a pin or clip to it because it seems to need an additional purpose rather than adorning a card.

I used Avonlea patterned paper; then stamped with Love Life; Universal Backgrounds; and Dreams Come True. The word "Dream" is embossed in silver embossing powder.

Now, head create your own BIG card and join us over at H2H Challenge blog with your entry.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Avonlea
Stamps: Love Life; Universal Backgrounds; Dreams Come True
Cardstock: Slate; Twilight; White Daisy; Black
Ink: Slate; Black; Versamark
Embellishments: Bling Brads; Black Tulle; Slate Polka Dot Satin Ribbon; Silver Embossing Powder
Other: Corner/Scallop maker

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Flaming paper-crafting supplies! Your finished flower was well worth the risk of a blister or two. I love the idea, and thanks for the link, too, to Tresa Black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love that flower! It really stands out on the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!