Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge

My Canadian Humble Artrist Swap Sister, Karen Day, told me about this great challenge over at Dynamic Duos. I love it and this is my second challenge for their blog.



Their challenge is to combine two colours and you can use neutrals, also. I just happened to have the two similar colours for this week's challenge, laying out on my workshop table.

I combined Creme Brulee and Cashmere. I stamped an image from Noted Backgrounds in Cashmere ink on Colonial White cardstock. I attached that to a Cashmere cardstock background, then to my Colonial White base. Next I attached a left over piece of patterned paper from Pear & Partridge.

I cut a ticket shape from Art Philosophy and stamped it in Cashmere with an image from, The Best Things. Next, I wrapped the ticket up in some Black Waxy Flax. The Creme Brulee flower was also cut from Art Philosophy, then I added a Prima flower and a Black brad.

The sentiment is from, Thank you. I stamped it with our Black pigment ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I am just in LOVE with our new pigment ink stacks. This is the first I'm using them, since getting them in July. Not sure what I was waiting for....but they are so wonderful to stamp and emboss with.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted
Stamps: The Best Things; Noted Backgrounds; Thank You
Patterned Paper: Pear & Partridge
Ink: Cashmere; Black pigment; Desert Sand
Cardstock: Cashmere; Colonial White; Creme Brulee
Embellishments: Black Waxy Flax; Black brad
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Prima flower




4 comments:

  1. Cute card! Happy Halloween, Miss Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy! Great job with this one, the colour combo has me stumped a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bloom Nancy, pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a sweet and elegant card! So gorgeous!
    So glad you joined the fun over at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!