Monday, October 8, 2012

H2H Number Birthday Challenge

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and Columbus Day!

It is time for another Design Team challenge on the H2H Challenge blog. This time the challenge is to use a number or numbers on the front of a Birthday card. Lucky for me, it was my Husband's birthday on the 4th.


I put this card together in the wee hours before we left on a mini family getaway, for a long Thanksgiving weekend. We are driving to Vancouver, WA for a night; then to Yachats, Oregon for two; then back to Vancouver for 2 more. It is all about the shopping, which will include gross quantities of both cheese and bacon!

Anyway, on to this card....I started with lovely patterned paper from the Florentine pack. The base cardstock is Saddle, then I added Olive and Twilight to go with the Colonial White sentiment shape and card base. I stamped the sentiment from one of my all time favourites, A Little Everything, in Saddle ink. 

The Twilight piece was stamped with Olive ink with a beautiful images from retired, Legendary Moments. The numbers are chipboard and stamped in Saddle ink with an image from Kudos, an Artiste Cricut cartridge stamp set.

I added our gorgeous Burlap Ribbon with some Antiqued Gold Buttons. For just a wee bit more, I tied pulled burlap threads through the Burlap Ribon.

Now it is your turn to play along and create a Birthday card with a number(s) on the front and link up on the H2H Challenge blog.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Florentine
Stamps: A Little Everything; Kudos; Legendary Moments
Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon; Antiqued Gold Mini-Medley; Chipboard Numbers
Tools: Artiste Cricut Cartridge


4 comments:

  1. Wowing! This is fabulous, and I really love how legendary looks with these papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the kudos stamp on the numbers! I had to stop and take a good look and figure it out. Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the richness to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!