Tuesday, January 15, 2013

And now for something completely different.....

As a Christmas present to myself, I purchased a Fiskars Fuse and two dies to go with it. I am very smitten with my little birdie and what I can do with her.


I started with some Clementine patterned paper on a Saddle mat. This is on a Colonial White base, as is the stamped sentiment. The border is Sorbet cardstock with some Natural Hemp tied around it. I added a pattern to the sentiment shape with stamp set Live Life, in Creme Brulee ink. The sentiment is stamped in Sorbet.

Now to my sweet bird. The Fuse dies are multipurpose. You can cut the shape; or there are two inserts you can cut; emboss; and stamp with. So I added this insert to the bird shape and inked it with Saddle ink. I ran it through the Fuse and it cut, inked and embossed this bird, from Kraft cardstock. I added an Antiqued Gold Brad for her eye.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Clementine
Stamps: Live Life; My Sunshine Apr 2012 SOTM
Cardstock: Saddle; Sorbet; Colonial White; Kraft
Ink: Saddle; Sorbet; Creme Brulee
Embellishments: Antiqued Gold Brad; Natural Hemp
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Fiskars Fuse and dies


1 comment:

  1. I love your little bird! The Fuse sounds very cool... I don't know much about it. You're on an embossing/die cutting roll!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!