Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chantilly with a sketch

I was encouraged by my HAS cohort, Karen Day, to create based on a sketch for Freshly Made Sketches a while back. While I created this card, I never quite made it to posting it for the challenge. I loved the card, nonetheless, so here it is!

The glorious great patterned paper is from NEW Chantilly......I LOVE this paper! I cut the zip strip and added it beside my Twilight border. I stamped the flourish images from retired Blooming Flourishes, in Outdoor Denim ink. The sentiment, also stamped in Outdoor Denim is from April stamp of the month, Sunshine.

Finally, my sweet bird......she is cut from Sweet Leaf cardstock with my fabulous Fiskars Fuse. I inked the die with Twilight ink before cutting. The picture does not depict this, but she is embossed where ink has touched her, also. I added a Sparkle for her eye.

I hope you have a great weekend. I am attending an annual crop for MS tomorrow. It takes place in a wonderful cathedral style building, at Shawnigan Lake school. It will run from 9am - 9pm and we are always fed an amazing lunch and dinner by school staff.
Thanks to Charlene Ogden for organizing this annually. She does an amazing job and I look forward to it all year....every year!

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Chantilly
Stamps: Sunshine, April SOTM; Blooming Flourishes
Ink: Outdoor Denim; Twilight
Cardstock: Outdoor Denim; Sweet Leaf; White Daisy; Twilight
Embellishment: Sparkle
Other: Fiskars Fuse and bird die


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!