Wednesday, February 20, 2013

M-E-O-W...............

This was an interesting card by request. I was asked to make a birthday card, which wasn't out of the ordinary....until it was mentioned it was for a cat's birthday! I happily obliged, as my Cozy Cat stamp was waiting for ink!


I started with some blue patterned paper from Surf's Up....ironic since most cats hate water! Then I had to stamp and paper piece the pillow from this gorgeous patterned paper from, Claire. I wanted a darker background behind this sweet kitty, so I chose Barn Red cardstock. I stamped in coordinating ink with an image from Intrinsic Backgrounds. I added a Colonial White border; then a scalloped border in Cocoa cardstock.

Both sentiment shapes were cut from Art Philosophy. One stamped with the sentiment from Cozy Cat, the other from, Say It In Style. I added Sunset brads and striped grosgrain ribbon. I also coloured the kitty's ears, nose and collar with our Alcohol markers.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Surf's Up; Claire
Stamps: Cozy Cat; Say It In Style
Ink: Cocoa; Barn Red; Sunset & Blush Alcohol Markers
Embellishments: Sunset brads & ribbon
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card...and such an interesting request!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!