Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Birch Tree cutting plate by Taylored Expressions

I must admit, I LOVE Taylored Expressions cutting plates! This birch tree cutting plate is surely my favourite of them all.
Growing up in Saskatchewan, we had many birch trees in our yards and forests of them in more rural areas. When TE released this die, it reminded me of growing up in Saskatoon, and I had to have it. I also added the Birch Tree Accessories; Shade of Thanks; and Birch Tree Border to my purchase.

I used my cutting plate on a flap of a corrugated shipping box from one of my Close To My Heart's orders. They have a white paper on top and it was easily cut from the cardboard with the plate. So the texture you see between the trees is the corrugated part and I have torn it up a bit.

I added chalk to the tree for all of its knots. I cut the tiny bird with the Birch Tree Accessories die from Ruby and Chocolate cardstock. The salutation is cut with, Shade of Thanks die, from White Daisy cardstock. I added a mat of Chocolate cardstock.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Cardstock: White Daisy; Chocolate; Ruby
Chalk
Other Tools: Taylored Expressions Birch Tree Cutting Plate; Birch Tree Accessories; Shade of Thanks

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!