Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Colours and causes that Inspire

Just prior to Mother's Day, I met up with the gal who ordered the custom made Mother's Day cards I recently posted. She had just spent the afternoon at a protest rally and had a wonderfully colourful flourish design painted on her face. Stephanie inspired me to make this card.
These were the colours painted on Stephanie's face, so I replicated them with Gypsy; Whisper; Cotton Candy; and Lagoon. They are matted with Black cardstock and the butterflies are also cut from Lagoon cardstock. I stamped the flourishes, from retired You and Me, with Slate and Lagoon ink. The sentiment is from the same set and I stamped "dreams" with Black pigment ink, then embossed with clear powder.

I added some Stardust Glitz to each butterfly, then tied up the White Daisy shape with Grey Wool Baker's Twine.

I sent this card to Stephanie, to thank her for standing up for something she believed in, which I too support. I also wanted to encourage her to continue to embrace her beliefs in her Environmental Studies program.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: retired You and Me
Cardstock: Black; Gypsy; Whisper; Cotton Candy; Lagoon; White Daisy
Ink: Black pigment; Lagoon; Slate; Versamark
Embellishments: Grey Wool Baker's Twine; Stardust Glitz
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!