Sunday, June 8, 2014

Art Philosophy Stencil

When I am cutting shapes for workshops, I often cut the entire page, if it is a shape I think I might use for other projects.This card is the result of this practice.
I cut the 2 butterfly shapes from Art Philosophy, out of Sweet Leaf cardstock, at 1/2". I saved what was left from the cardstock to use either as a stencil, or screen, for another project.

I stamped the 'screen' with a retired image from, Noted Backgrounds, in Desert Sand ink. I attached it to this gorgeous Lagoon patterned paper, from Skylark. I cut and stamped the shape and sentiment from, Oodles of Doodles, then added a large butterfly cut from retired, Dotty For You, paper. I added some Turquoise Shimmer Trim for the butterfly body and Stardust Glitz on some of the dots. I finished the card with some Aqua dots.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Skylark; retired Dotty For You
Stamp: Oodles of Doodles
Ink: Desert Sand; Lagoon
Cardstock: White Daisy; Sweet Leaf
Embellishments: Turquoise Shimmer Trim; Aqua Dots
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge


1 comment:

  1. Very clever, Nancy! Thanks for sharing your overlay technique
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!