Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Balloon Ride OWL

I am usually in a panic just before our amazing new products are revealed, because that means paper packs are retiring. For our Fall/Winter 2014 book, all paper packs are retiring, but I guess this time I finally know I will love what's new.
So I was happy to use some sweet Balloon Ride paper along with Cocoa and Sky cardstock. This birdie was cut with Artbooking and the sentiment is from a retired owl set. I added Aqua Dots for the eyes and some retired Sorbet stitched ribbon. All pieces were edged with Desert Sand ink.

Travel Diary: Day Four Yesterday started off with a good sleep in.......didn't help that I had a tough time sleeping during the night...when one would expect to be sleeping. With no real rest and a sore leg, I sent my husband and daughters off to the park without me. I lullygagged around doing my stretches and showering. Then I was going to try a trial walk over to the Disneyland Hotel, to see the route I would need to take for the 4 convention mornings. Once I arrived at the hotel, I sat down for a rest and noticed there were lots of women checking in....CTMHers no doubt. Next thing I know, here came the Goofiest looking character......Goofy! I met a lovely lady, whose picture I took with Goofy, who turned out to have just arrived from her 14 hour flight from Australia. After I took that picture, I noticed something that looked familiar. I wasn't sure, but a gal standing out at the front of the hotel looked suspiciously like my upline, Pammiewhammie Klassen. I looked away for a moment as my cell phone whistled, then there she was, coming into the hotel. I hobbled over to see her and got a wonderful hug.....from my Pammiewhammie! We chatted for a few moments then I heard a ding from the elevator and there was another amazing sight......my Tweeker Sister Jennifer Kelly! That was an even  bigger hug and I didn't want to let go....I love Jennifer...she takes care of me at convention and makes sure I get where I need to be! I missed seeing our other Tweeker Sister, Barb, but hope to see her soon.
So, off I went with Jen; Holly and Amber for lunch and a drink at Trader Sam's. We enjoyed drinks and flat bread lunch, then were joined by Gina. When we parted, I went back to my room at the Paradise Pier
 I organized a few things, then decided to go down to the lobby, to get a coffee. With coffee in hand, I wandered around the boutique to see more of the Disney goodies. After finishing my coffee, I went back up to my room and was surprised to find my husband and daughters already there. So, we got ourselves together and went to Denny's for dinner. A brief note about dinner, night three at Joe's Crab Shack......what a blast. I was slightly annoyed by the strobe light and loud music at this joint. Then, I realized it signified staff were going to perform. Oh yes, if you are a baby boomer you would have recognized the choreographed dance as the Hustle......only to updated music and some timely moves! It was really fun and if it was your birthday, there were other surprises in store. A young man was required to wear a kid's cowboy hat and ride a stick pony around the dining area while patrons sang Happy Birthday. Ladies wore a grass skirt with flower crown and did a hula dance during the celebratory song. We also had an amazing waiter who treated me to a complimentary key lime pie.....yummy!
After tonight's dinner at Denny's, my husband and oldest daughter returned to the park and my other daughter and I shopped at our hotel boutique. We saw a sweet plush Stitch pillow pet and had to have it. Then back to our room so I can get ready for an early night, for my early morning at Leadership, today.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Balloon Ride
Stamp: Retired
Ink: Desert Sand; Cocoa
Cardstock: Colonial White; Cocoa; Sky
Embellishments: Aqua Dots; retired Sorbet Stitched Ribbon
Tools: Artbooking Cricut cartridge


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!