Friday, August 29, 2014

Back to school with Creative Embossing

Wow, it is hard to believe Labour Day Weekend is here! Normally I would be encouraging my kids to get their supplies and clothes ready for back to school, but for my daughters, we don't know when school will start.....sadly!  Our Teacher's strike continues and I am not confident the government wants to settle.
My son, however, will have his first day at the University of Victoria on Tuesday. He is taking Software Engineering and we couldn't be prouder of him. The bonus for us as parents, is our son graduated high school on the Honour Roll with Distinction and with a Double Dogwood. The Double Dogwood means he graduated in the French Immersion Program. It also meant that our university gave him scholarships totaling the cost of his tuition for his 4 year program. The caveat is he has to maintain his grades. He also received another scholarship that is paying for his books. Lucky for all of us, he will not have to rely on student loans!

Okay, now onto my "Creative Embossing" card, made with Confetti Wishes and You Mean The World To Me.
The mats for this card are Crystal Blue Cardstock on a White Daisy base. To make the Quatrefoil background, I swiped Versamark ink onto my embossing folder. I put my White Daisy cardstock inside, then closed the folder and rubbed the folder so the ink would transfer. Then I added clear embossing powder and melted it with my heat gun. Then I used my Thistle ink pad and rubbed ink all over the piece. Where the embossed lines were, there is no ink.....like a backwards or reversed Quatrefoil.

I added patterned paper from Confetti Wishes and stamped in Pacifica ink, with this image from, You Mean The World To Me. I added a bit of Black Arrow Washi Tape to the top and bottom of the main piece just to highlight the arrows in the sentiment piece.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: You Mean The World To Me
Paper: Confetti Wishes
Ink: Pacifica; Thistle
Embellishments: Black Arrow Washi Tape; Quatrefoil Embossing Folder; Clear Embossing Folder
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge; Heat Gun

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing this great card. As a ctmh consultant I appreciate the ideas to help my business grow. I am also a 2 am girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!