Monday, September 15, 2014

Masking is a favourite

Well, this past week went fast......I was enjoying our beautiful weather in Victoria! I stayed between 16 - 20 degrees the entire week and was sunny and bright. I was also preparing for my "Coffee & Crafts" Open House at my friend's coffee shop.
I prepared this card as a Make 'N Take, for those who attended. I used the lovely Sunset coloured, patterned paper, from Scaredy Cat. I paired it with the lovely stamp set, A Budding Friendship. My all time favourite thing about Close To My Heart, is with our amazing clear Acrylix stamp sets, you can stamp some amazing using both 2-step stamping and Masking.

This is my favourite 2014 set for both techniques. I first stamped the outline of the flower with Black ink in the bottom left hand corner of the feature piece. I also stamped the image on a sticky note and cut it out. I placed the sticky note over top of the original stamped image, then stamped the two other flowers, on either side. With the mask still in place, I stamped the 2 side flowers with their companion stamps, in Thistle ink. Then I removed the mask from the first flower and stamped it, also. Then I used Canary ink to stamp the centre of each flower and Black for the sentiment.

I add a Thistle border, punched with our scallop border. For a bit of sparkle, I added Black Shimmer Trim. I also mounted the focus piece on our amazing Thin 3-D Foam Tape.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: A Budding Friendship
Paper: Scaredy Cat
Ink: Black; Thistle; Canary
Cardstock: White Daisy; Thistle
Embellishments: Black Shimmer Trim

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card - so fun with the orange/pink combination! I wish I could come to the cards and coffee event! That sounds awesome! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!