Thursday, November 13, 2014

December's Cutie Pie

I just got back from my 4 day shopping extravaganza in Portland. Traffic was crazy and so was the wind. On our way from Portland to the Port Angeles ferry terminal, for the last ferry of the day at 2pm...we encountered a very large tree across the road. It was so long that the broken off part was sitting in the oncoming traffic lane and the rest of the tree was across our lane, with its top resting high up the side of a rock face.
The gap between the tree and the highway, on our lane, was great enough a truck before us drove underneath. With adrenaline pumping, my husband suggested we try driving under too. I was thinking "try...what do you mean try....!" I was also a bit scared because there was a lot of mud on the shoulder of the road and I feared we would get stuck underneath the balancing tree.
Thankfully, we made it through safely although when I think back I realize it was probably a really stupid thing to drive underneath the tree! Had we missed that ferry, we would've had to stay the night in Port Angeles or Sequim and my husband would have likely missed work yesterday. Neither of those were solutions we wanted to face.
So, today I am starting a 3 day show of card I have made using December's Stamp of the Month, Cutie Pie. I am hosting a class in January with these cards and stamp set, so wanted to get pics of the cards out there.

I have used retired Dotty For You paper along with other retired CTMH products. I paired them with our wonderful NEW Shin Han markers I used to colour the cupcakes. This card has Slate and Cotton Candy cardstock and inks. I coloured the cupcake then used the Colorless Blender to remove colour on the sprinkles. Stay tuned for the next 2 days to see the other cards that will be featured in my January 2015 workshop.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: retired Dotty For You
Stamp: Cutie Pie Dec SOTM
Cardstock: Slate; Cotton Candy; Colonial White
Ink: Slate; Cotton Candy; Shin Han Alcohol Markers
Embellishments: retired Hollyhock Stitched grosgrain ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!