Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

I want to wish you a very
Merry Christmas!
Our family went the movies tonight and on Christmas Eve, we always drive around town to look at all of the light displays. Plus, for another year, I will be wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve! I guess it will be another night of South Park and Irish Creme Eve! (I hope some year soon I get my act together and wrap gifts before Christmas Eve!)

These cards were the 4th design I made for a customer and my favourite.
I used Glacier and Cranberry cardstock along with Snowhaven patterned paper.
 I cut a border from the opposite side of this gorgeous black snowflake patterned paper. The stamped images are from a retired set that I just love. I stamped the berries with Cranberry ink, then added some Red Glitz. I also stamped the little flower image with Glacier ink. Both shapes were cut with Art Philosophy.
I hope you have a Christmas filled with love.
I enjoy having my husband and kids to share our Christmas traditions. When I was a kid, my Mom always made onion chip dip for our Christmas Eve party. The chips were always left out overnight and my brothers and I would get up early Christmas morning and eat the remaining chips with whatever left over dip we could find. So, it is something we all enjoy sharing....onion dip with ripple chips. To make the dip special at Christmas, I add crab and chili sauce and we all endulge.

I was never able to open gifts Christmas Eve, growing up. When our kids were born, we started the pajama Christmas Eve gift opening. Now that all 3 are teens, they usually don't want pajamas.....so I might be the only one opening pajamas tomorrow before bed......yipee for me!
What traditions do you honour at Christmas?

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Snowhaven
Stamp: retired
Cardstock: Glaceir; Cranberry; White Daisy
Ink: Cranberry; Glacier; Black
Embellishments: Red Glitz
Tools: Art Philosophy


1 comment:

  1. Funny, but our family also opens jammies and goes on a lights tour on Christmas Eve!! Gorgeous cards, Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!