Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy 20th Anniversary to me!

Today, I celebrate my 20th Wedding Anniversary with my amazing husband, Randy.

We met 24 1/2 years ago on a ferry between Victoria and Vancouver. I had gone to the mainland to visit relatives and go to a free Crash Test Dummies concert at the PNE. My Uncle (who gave me away) dropped me off early, to take a bus to the ferry terminal. As I got on the bus, I was met by the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen......Randy was on the bus heading to the ferry, also. It was 6:30am and along with the bus driver, we were the only ones on the bus.

I lost track of Randy at the ferry terminal, but spied him once we were on the ferry. I sat down, but was on a vigilant eye contact path. Clearly he knew I was interested, so close to the end of the 1 1/2 hour ferry ride, he came by where I was sitting and asked if he could join me. We chatted until the ferry docked, then I offered him a ride. I know....probably not a wise thing to do....but he was going to visit his Grandparents after all. How bad of person could he be?

I dropped him off, then had dinner with him and talked on the phone several times before he went back to the mainland. He sent me cards at least twice a week for almost 8 months. He visited me in Victoria several times throughout that time, also, while I attended Camosun College. In March of 1992, my roommate was moving to Japan, so I asked Randy if he would like to move to Victoria and shack up! We married 3 1/2 years later and have 3 wonderful children.

This is the card I made for my husband. I used Gypsy and Whisper, since I wore a purple velvet dress on our wedding day and Whisper was close to our accent colour! 
I embossed with clear embossing powder with our Pigment Black and Gypsy inks. I dry embossed the Whisper cardstock with our Heart Embossing Folder. I used my Shin Han Alcohol Markers to colour the hearts. I tied up the card with Black and Slate Baker's Twine, as well as, Slate Diagonal Ribbon. I also added some Black Shimmer Trim at the top. I cut the "20" with Artiste and stamped the "Happy" and "Anniversary" from, Happy to Be Friends set. The other images are from retired sets.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: Happy to Be Friends
Cardstock: White Daisy; Gypsy; Whisper
Ink: Black & Gypsy Pigment; Shin Han Alcohol Markers
Embellishments: Black Shimmer Trim; Black & Slate Baker's Twine; Slate Diagonal Striped Ribbon; Clear Embossing Powder
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge

Here are a few pictures from our wedding day. We were married at our friend's house and they stood up for us.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you guys! Loved reading your story :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Nancy! You two are a darling couple, what a sweet love story! I love the card, too, that is one of my favorite stamps! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love story is just superb! Loved reading it! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am so pleased that you celebrated 20th vow renewal ceremony. Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!