Monday, February 23, 2015

Watercolour Flowers #2

Whew, that was a busy week. The weather has been SPECTACULAR....with cherry blossoms; crocus and daffodils in full bloom. I seemed to have few things booked last week, but then all sorts of short notice things came up. So I didn't have as much creating time as I would have liked, but see that all is okay, since this is only the 3rd card in my 2nd watercolour card series. I already have 2 more sets done.
I used the exact same supplies for this card, as I did for the previous two with Seaside paper. This card was completed with a different flower configuration, but it didn't seem quite right. I had a fourth, smaller flower on the top left, where the leaf is now. It was too heavy looking and of course I am all about the rule of thirds and like having an odd number of things on everything. I also like the look of things being off balance, rather than all even and squared up in their layout. So, once I removed the extra flower and added another leaf, it seemed more to my liking.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Seaside
Stamp: Artfully Sent Sentiment; retired flower; Assorted Edges
Ink: Lagoon; Pear; Creme Brulee; Cotton Candy; Whisper; Slate; Versamark
Cardstock: Whisper; Colonial White; Lagoon
Embellishments: Lagoon Baker's Twine; Gold Sequins; Aqua Dots; Colonial White Embossing Powder
Other: Watercolour paper

2 comments:

  1. The watercoloring is so pretty! Love those big blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolour cards are absolutely gorgeous! That's it - I'm coming out to see you for lessons! I HAVE to learn to do this...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!