Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A little MIST & some STAMPING

 Well, summer has been here in Victoria for at least a month now. My raspberry plants have been keeping my fingers red and my belly happy the entire month of June. All of our strawberry plants are producing and I'm excited to eat my figs soon. I am going to harvest my 3rd rhubarb crop this year and my tomatoes are growing strong. I treated myself to a new Ketchup & Fries tomato/potato plant this year and it is full of cherry tomatoes.

So, this card is fitting for my gardening and for the Monday Challenge of STAMP + MIST at Simon Says Blog.
I started with some Creme Brulee cardstock on a White Daisy base. I have a delicate retired script image that I stamped in the background with Creme Brulee ink. Then I added some Lagoon reinker with a wee bit of water to my Spritz Pen and added some colour.

I stamped with my Taste of Summer set in Cranberry for the strawberries and Topiary for the vines. The strawberries have been paper pieced and I added some retired mini Blooms along with some Shin Han Alcohol Marker coloured Bitty Sparkles.

I used an Art Philosophy cut piece to stamp my sentiment in Black ink, then sponged some Lagoon on the edges. Finally, I used a stitched die from Simon Says to cut the piece and mounted it on some Lagoon cardstock.
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Taste of Summer; retired
Ink: Creme Brulee; Topiary; Cranberry; Black; Lagoon; Shin Han Alcohol Marker
Cardstock: Creme Brulee; Lagoon; White Daisy
Embellishments: Bitty Sparkles
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Simon Says Stitched Rectangle Dies



1 comment:

  1. Love your sweet card! The background is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!