Friday, July 3, 2015

Butterflies and Watercolour

We woke up the last two days in Yachats, Oregon. It was beautiful, however, we could not see the beach due to a really thick fog. So, rather than actually walk a few steps to the beach in front of our hotel, we drove south to do some shopping. I thought today, I would post picture of a card since I don't have any pictures of the beach yet!
I started with some watercolour paper and stamped with, Your Own Kind of Wonderful, than embossed. I added Lagoon, Glacier; and Smoothie ink. Once the watercolour had dried, I stamped over top in Desert Sand ink with a retired background stamp.

I used my Shin Han Marker to colour in the 2 yellow butterflies. I used a stitched oval die for the sentiment piece that I stamped with Black ink, then matted it with Glacier cardstock. I added Turquoise Shimmer Trim; Glacier Thick Twine and Oceanside Sequins.

I matted the watercolour piece with Lagoon and White Daisy cardstock, then added Smoothie cardstock to this 5 x 7 card.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Your Own Kind of Wonderful; retired background stamp
Cardstock: Lagoon; Glacier; Smoothie; White Daisy
Ink: Glacier; Lagoon; Smoothie; Black; Versamark; Shin Han Markers
Embellishments: Colonial White Embossing Powder; Turquoise Shimmer Trim; Glacier Thick Twine; Oceanside Sequins
Other: Watercolour paper

1 comment:

  1. What a great technique I'm going to have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!