Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Penguins anyone?

With Thanksgiving turkey long since digested and salivation for Hallowe'en candy working up to a heightened pace, it is time to start creating more Christmas cards. This one is the first in a kit I am going to offer. I will post all 3 cards in a few days, with a purchase option. In the meantime, I am entering this card in Simon Says Stamp; Anything Goes; Wednesday Challenge.
I created a base with NEW rich Peacock cardstock. The pretty patterned paper is from White Pines. I took a piece of White Shimmer Trim and coloured with my B262 Shin Han Alcohol Marker. I used my Scallop Border Punch to create the bottom White Daisy layer. There is more Peacock cardstock then Glacier cardstock. I stamped with coordinating ink, using the 3 snowflakes in the Season's Greetings stamp set. 

The sentiment is stamped in Peacock ink and I curved it on my block, before stamping. I also cut this sentiment away from words, "from our family to yours". I loved the image together, but felt I would get more use out of it, if it didn't always have to be from my family.

I stamped the sweet penguins on White Daisy cardstock, then cut them out with a very slight border. I popped both of them up, then used a Souffle pen to colour in their winter gear. On the smaller penguin, I added Stardust Glitz to the scarf and hat. I finished the card with some Enamel Blue Dots.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Season's Greetings
Paper: White Pines
Ink; Peacock; Glacier; Shin Han Alcohol Marker
Embellishments: White Shimmer Trim; Blue Enamel Dots; Stardust Glitz
Tools:Scallop Border Punch
Other: Souffle Pen


3 comments:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!