Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hello.....

I made this card in late summer, with the anticipation of Fall colours arriving. We don't see a lot of Fall colours here in Victoria, like I grew up with in Saskatoon. So, I like to create them to enjoy.
First, I stamped and embossed the sentiment. The Versamark pad was a wee bit stained, so I got a grey appearing word, rather than white. I used our NEW Watercolour paper and swiped first with water, then with burgandys; oranges; and yellows. I spritzed again with water, then waited for paper to dry. Once it was dry, I gently ran the edges in Black ink before adding both Sunset and Colonial White mats. I tucked in some Coral Shimmer Trim,  I took Pomegranate cardstock and gently ran the edges through Black ink, then mounted it on Sunset cardstock and a Colonial White base. I added Pomegranate glitter star from the Fundamentals Assortment.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Cardstock: Watercolour; Pomegranate; Sunset; Colonial White
Ink: Black; Versamark
Embellishments: Watercolour Paints; Coral Shimmer Trim; Pomegranate Fundamentals
Tools: Scallop Border Punch

1 comment:

  1. Very cool card! I'm glad you explained how the Hello was done although I will probably not imitate you on that particular technique (*giggle*)! I'll try just dabbing some gray watercolor onto the acrylic stamp and see if I can get a similar effect! Beautiful ombré effect!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!