Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Daisy here and a Daisy there.

Here is another Mother's Day card I created with the amazing Flower Market Cricut cartridge. I also created a dramatic background with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.
These flowers are so fun and easy to make. Once I have cut them, I used my Susan's Garden loop tool to draw down each petal of the large flowers. It breaks the paper fibers and makes the flowers easier to manipulate. I use the leaf veining tool from her set to do a bit of shaping on the leaves.

The background was going south, but with TH Oxide inks, you can bring the entire thing back. It really is amazing. I don't feel really confident about creating these kitchen sink backgrounds. They usually turn into mud really quick. This is what is nice with the Oxide inks, the colours don't mix as much, but sort of float around with one another. Drying as you go, makes a huge difference in staying away from making mud, also. I felt like this one was missing something after dipping; tapping; and splattering, so I used a stencil with Oxide inks overtop. I also cut the piece with a Double Stitched Die from Lil Inker Designs.
product image
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Cardstock: Sea Glass; White Daisy; Pansy; Fern
Ink: Black
Embellishements: Gold Gems
Tools: Flower Market Cricut cartridge
Other: Tim Holtz Oxide Inks; Lil Inker Designs Double Stitched Die; Susan's Garden Tool Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!