Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Crepe Paper dabbling.....

I don't know how it started, but I have begun dabbling with Crepe Paper!
I had been seeing some amazing flowers posted on Instagram made from crepe, although, I did not recognized them as crepe because they looked picked from the garden! I found a lovely lady, Quynh from Pinkandposey.com who made the prettiest Coral Charm Peonies. Since I was travelling to Seattle, WA and Portland, OR in June, I asked if she ever gave private crepe flower making lessons. She said "yes"....I was so thrilled and she lived just outside Seattle, right where we were staying.

So I asked a lot of questions and was not very comfortable making the flower or really understanding any of what was going on. With Quynh's help I completed one Coral Charm Peony and she sent me on with supplies to make many more and another 2 flowers started. I got home days later and felt overwhelmed. I finished the 2nd flower, then made the 3rd flower. I was not really happy with what I did on my own. I decided to tackle something easier to see if this crepe dabble was all a bust!

I had ordered some crepe paper packages from Lia Griffith and visited her site at LiaGriffith.com for some additional instructions I could look at several times. I decided to try something easy and made this Poinsettia. I LOVED it and it gave me the confidence to start making other flowers. I will show you those flowers here off and on or you can also check them out on Instagram!
Supplies  used:
Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper
retired Close To My Heart Glitter
Floral Wire
Alene's tacky glue

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is gorgeous! I love the lines that the crepe paper adds to the petals and leaves! It looks like you tipped the edges with a little sparkle, too! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!