Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mmmmm, fabric from Close To My Heart

I LOVE to play with fabric. I am especially thrilled when my two favourite crafts meet together in Close To My Heart! Let me introduce you to Sparkle and Shine.
This houndstooth fabric is a new one, amongst a trio named Sparkle and Shine. There are 2 others and they coordinate with some new holiday items that will be released in October. I cut a 1 1/4" strip with my pinking shears, then followed a technique seen by another Consultant.

I punched a cardstock circle 1" round, then drew a circle of Liquid Glass half way to the centre. I then started to put the fabric in the Liquid Glass, pleating as I went. Once the LG was set I stuck this sentiment stamped shape to it. The shape and sentiment are from, Holiday Tags. The sentiment is stamped with Whisper ink and the sentiment, with Pansy Purple ink.

I added patterned paper from Laughing Lola, along with some Silver Shimmer Trim and sparkles.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Laughing Lola
Stamp: Holiday Tags
Embellishments: Sparkle & Shine fabric; Sparkles; Silver Shimmer Trim
Cardstock: Lagoon; White Daisy; Whisper
Ink: Pansy Purple; Whisper
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!