Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What to do with those scraps!

Except for the Art Philosophy cuts, this card is made from scraps.

About 8 months ago I started trying to make better use of my patterned paper and cardstock. I started cutting my 12 x 12 into 4" pieces, so I could get 6 bases from each piece. If you look back, you'll notice most of my cards have an 1/8" border of either a White Daisy or Colonial White card base.

While cutting like this I noticed I always had a piece left over, after cutting my 2 - 4 x 5 1/4 pieces. It was fairly large......1 1/2 x 4, so rather than stuffing them with my other scraps, I started keeping them in one place. The result has been a large stash of these same sized papers, perfect for ribbon style cards.

I used some zip strips from Chantilly to go along with my Later Sk8r pieces. The sentiment is from Joyful Birthday and the stars were stamped with images from the Later Sk8r Workshop On The Go Kit stamp set.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Later Sk8r; Chantilly
Stamps: Later Sk8r WOTG; Joyful Birthday
Ink: Whisper; Lagoon; Outdoor Denim; Pear
Cardstock: Lagoon; White Daisy
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge


1 comment:

  1. I have such a hard time with the Later Sk8r paper I have so your card has really inspired me to not look at it just as "boy & skateboarding." Thanks for putting it into just a patterned paper idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!