Sunday, April 29, 2012

Humble Artist's Swap

I created this card for my Humble Artist's Swap due Feb 10, 2012. 


Here are the guidelines each member had to follow:

-Use Kraft Paper or borders
-Must use at least 3 different stamped images
-Must have at least 6 layers (please refer to my example previously sent)
-Use Sonoma; Typeset; Elemental or Roxie patterned paper
-Must have at least 2 embellishments
-Must have a shape from Art Philosophy
-Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 1/2

I started with last year's Elemental and Typset patterned paper for behind my birdie from the, A Rainbow stamp set. The flourish is from retired set,You and Me, stamped in Twilight on Kraft cardstock. I added a Sweet Leaf mat to the Kraft cardstock and Cocoa mats to the patterned paper.

The little birdie was inked up in Sweet Leaf ink, then I rolled the top of the bird in Twilight and the branch stem in Cocoa ink. I edged the Art Philosophy shape with Twilight ink and added a Sweet Leaf mat.

I added Colonial White grosgrain ribbon; a Twilight button and White hemp. You can also see the Stardust Glitz I used on the flourishes and I put some on the knot of the hemp, also.

The layer count should always start with a top layer and all of the countable layers should be directly in contact with each other. This card is pretty clear to see and count the 8 layers of paper.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamps: A Rainbow; You and Me
Patterned Paper: Elemental; Typeset
Cardstock: Sweet Leaf; Kraft; Cocoa; Colonial White
Ink: Sweet Leaf; Twilight; Cocoa
Embellishments: Colonial White grosgrain ribbon; Twilight button; White hemp; Stardust Glitz


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!